Kumari Bank provided financial support to Family Planning Association of Nepal (FPAN) which is a non-profit organization that promotes Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) through the media, education and front line field work. FPAN offers an Integrated Package of Essential Services (IPES) that includes comprehensive counseling; family planning and sexual health services; safe abortion services; HIV/AIDS and other Sexually-Transmitted Infection (STI) services; gynecological, prenatal, and post-natal care.
Various activities carried out by FPAN are:
- Contributing to reduce unmet need of Family Planning Services, achieving the target of Sustainable Development Goals and Nepal Government’s long-term plans.
- To provide door-to-door services with support of volunteers.
- To upgrade the running clinic as a polyclinic.
- To create safe, supportive and protective environment for all young people.
- To enhance life skills and improve the health status of youngsters.
- To increase accessibility and utilization of young people friendly health and counseling services.
- To advocate in coordination with like-minded organizations, concerned stakeholders, ministry of education for the inclusion of Comprehensive Sexuality Education CSE in national curriculum.